Your SEVENTH Harkness discussion will be an opportunity for you to discuss child labour, as it is presented in the novel and exists in our world. This is your chance to make connections, demonstrate inquiry, and think critically about the author's choices. Your discussion may consider any events up to page 344, and the content contained in the resources below.
Strategies for success include:
- carefully explore the resources, and use them in your discussion
- use your sticky notes in the novel to help you
- try to make connections to what you talked about in your last roundtables or blog posts, if relevant
- think about how you can incorporate your knowledge of literary terms into this roundtable
- use your inquiry skills to think critically and deeply; think outside the box!
- What is Child Labour?
- The Rights of a ChildImage
- The Rights of a Childfull text
- Your own research of current events
The cartographer will map the discussion using the provided form. This map should be posted along with the discussion (take a picture!)
The recorder will use his/her computer (or an appropriate device of his/her choice) to record the discussion for her group. The recorder is also responsible for uploading the discussion to Soundcloud AND posting on the blog.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS POST:
Your blog post (created and published by the recorder for each group) must include:
1. Recorded conversation embedded (If you need a refresher on how to do this, please ask Ms. G.!)
2. Copy of completed discussion map